Portable Radiation Monitor
The PM1402M is a portable multipurpose radiation monitor designed for field use to measure all types of ionizing radiation and spectrum collection of the gamma emitting sources. The device consists of a processing unit and set of five external exchangeable detectors. The small size and low weight of the processing unit allows for easy carrying in the field, since it can be placed in a pocket or on a utility belt. The external exchangeable detectors are:
• CsI(Tl) scintillation detector for search of gamma radiation sources;
• GM-based detector for measurement of ambient equivalent dose rate of X-ray and gamma radiation in the energy range 20 keV- 1.5 MeV;
• CsI(Tl) scintillation detector for collecting of the gamma spectra;
• Proportional gas counter detector for evaluation of the alpha and beta contamination levels;
• He-3 neutron detector for search and location of the neutron radiation sources.